PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Your privacy is very important to LOJA DAS MEIAS.
We want you to enjoy browsing through our website - «lojadasmeias» - and social media sites in the safest possible technical manner. Please note that any information which you may have submitted using other websites or social media sites managed by third parties are hereby expressly excluded.
Although no electronic transmission or storage method is totally secure,LOJA DAS MEIAS implements industry standards to protect your personal information, both during transmission or while in its possession.
Since 25th May 2018, when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council – came into force, a single set of rules for personal data protection was implemented for all companies doing business within the European Union, regardless of their location.
2. YOUR 'CONSENT' – WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- That the personal data which you have communicated is true, accurate and permanently kept up-to-date;
- That any loss or damage caused to LOJA DAS MEIAS or any third party for data processed based on wrong, inaccurate or incomplete information provided by the client, will be the latter’s sole responsibility;
- That given that there is third party data involved, you are responsible for informing and obtaining the latter’s consent for the purposes herein described;
- To be fully aware and informed that the processing of your personal data includes all the operations involving any data that you provided, either by automated means or not, for the purposes indicated in section 6 below;
- To accept and authorize the transmission of your data to any entities subcontracted by LOJA DAS MEIAS for the purpose of researching and analyzing its services, as well as to manage promotions or consumption or market surveys;
- That you have been informed that your data will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any company other than LOJA DAS MEIAS nor that it will be processed for any other purposes;
- To know that your data will be retained while you wish to continue being a LOJA DAS MEIAS client and benefit from its advantages;
- To accept and authorize the free use and reproduction by LOJA DAS MEIAS of any of your publicly available contents and/or published in social media platforms, where reference to LOJAS DAS MEIAS is explicit or specific or the hashtag LOJA DAS MEIAS has been included on any of our brands, products or services;
- To know that, in accordance with the applicable law, you can object, limit, rectify or request deletion of any of your data in relation to one or several of the purposes described above, requesting this by email to the address indicated below in section 15, and to know that you have the right to file a complaint with the competent authorities;
- To be 18 (eighteen) years old or above.
3. LOJA DAS MEIAS – WHO ARE WE?
When we talk about LOJA DAS MEIAS we refer to:
a) The company Costa & Filhos, Lda., with registered office in Rua Castilho, no. 39, 7º AP, 1250-068 Lisboa, registered at the Lisbon Commercial Registry under registration and corporate taxpayer number 500 078 386, with a share capital of €450.000,00, owner of the “LOJA DAS MEIAS” brand; and,
b) The company Nazareth & Calleia – Importação e Exportação, Lda., with registered office in Av. Valbom 4, 2750-508 Cascais, registered at the Cascais Commercial Registry under registration and corporate taxpayer number 503 362 581, with a share capital of € 160.000,00;
c) The subsidiaries, affiliates, group companies and companies under the same final property beneficiary or management control.
4. WHAT IS «PERSONAL DATA»?
«Personal data» is:
- Any informationthat relates to an identified or identifiable living individual; and,
- Different pieces of information which collected together may lead to the identification of a particular individual; and,
- Any data that has been tampered, encrypted or pseudonomyzed which may be used to re-identify an individual.
Examples of «personal data» include name and surname, home address, email address such email@example.com, identification card number, location data (for example, location data function on a mobile phone), an IP address (internet protocol), cookies.
Data which has been irreversibly rendered anonymous, meaning that the individual is not or ceases to be identifiable, is not considered as «personal data». This includes for example the company’s registration number, an email address like firstname.lastname@example.org, anonymized data.
5. WHO HANDLES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The companies Costa & Filhos, Lta. andNazareth & Calleia – Importação e Exportação, Lda., are responsible for the collection and processing of customers’ personal data, undertaking to respect the confidentiality of the personal data provided by the client and to ensure the exercise of the rights of the respective data subjects.
This personal data:
- Will be transmitted to LOJA DAS MEIAS operating companies;
- May be transmitted to third parties, subcontracted by LOJA DAS MEIAS, to financial institutions, fraud detection and prevention entities, technology service providers, logistics services’ suppliers and employees, shipping and delivery service providers, to service providers related to customer support as well as to marketing and publicity partners and service providers – particularly for web page hosting, email, reply to users’ queries about our services, for sending SMS and mailings/newsletters, information about new services and products and special offers.
The amount of data provided to the above companies will only be the one necessary for the service in question. Your data will be processed within the European Union.
6. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be used by LOJA DAS MEIAS, as appropriate, relevant and limited to what is necessary, for the following purposes:
- Dissemination by e-mail, SMS or phone of sales, promotions, information and other events held by the «LOJA DAS MEIAS» brand;
- Dissemination by e-mail, SMS or phone of commercial information concerning promotions and campaigns as well as events involving the brands represented by LOJA DAS MEIAS;
- Customer management, including respective transaction processing;
- Development of targeted marketing actions, as well as consumer profile analysis and customer loyalty development strategies;
- For research and analysis purposes required to monitor and improve our services;
- To allow to you to give us your opinion of our products and services;
- To enable us to post pictures of events and special activities held by LOJA DAS MEIAS;
- In the case of VIP customers to whom LOJA DAS MEIAS lends garments;
- To personalize your experience with us;
- Video surveillance of shops equipped with a clearly identifiable video surveillance system; image recordings obtained by video surveillance systems are stored in encrypted records according to the authorized legal period, after which they are destroyed (without prejudice to the respective conservation for a longer period in case of lawsuit).
Your data will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company outside LOJA DAS MEIAS for any reason whatsoever without your prior consent. In fact, your personal data is transmitted only:
- To our partners – who likewise undertake to respect the duty of confidentiality - to help us manage our «lojadasmeias» site and mobile device applications;
- Whenever LOJA DAS MEIAS has to comply with a legal or judicial obligation;
- When required to enforce site policy or to protect any rights, property or safety.
Please note that the data of a non-personally identifiable visitor may be provided to third parties for marketing, publicity or other purposes.
7. WHAT DOES PERSONAL DATA «PROCESSING» MEAN?
Personal data processing comprises a number of operations performed manually or electronically, namely:
- Adaptation or alteration;
- Dissemination by transmission, broadcasting or any other form of provision;
- Alignment or combination;
- Deletion or destruction of personal data.
Examples of personal data «processing» include staff and payroll management, access/consultation of contact data base containing personal data, promotional email sending, destruction of documents containing personal data, publishing/posting of a client’s photo on a website, IP or MAC address storage, video recording (CCTV).
8. HOW DOES «lojadasmeias» SITE WORK?
Our «lojadasmeia» site:
- Does not automatically collect any personal information about you, which means you can browse it peacefully in anonymity;
- We will only find out your name, email address or any other personal information if you create an account and log-in through a link which we will send you by email;
- We will only collect your details when and if you sign up on our site or when you fill out an online form or a form which we provided you in one of our shops, with the assistance of our team;
- By signing up on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, postal address, fixed and mobile phone, date of birth and email address;
9. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
LOJA DAS MEIAS uses industry standards to protect your personal information during transmission.
Once received, LOJA DAS MEIAS implements various measures to ensure that the personal data transmitted to us is kept safe.
However, no electronic transmission or storage method is totally safe. For this reason, to the fullest extent permitted by law, LOJA DAS MEIAS cannot be held liable, in particular for any claims, losses, damages, without limitation, direct or indirect, special, punitive, incidental, including those relating to computer fraud, risk or any other offence or circumstances in which personal data is accessed, used and/or disclosed without express authorization.
For your privacy, we advise you not to give any sensitive personal and/or confidential data in any email that you send us. For this reason, you should never send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information by email.
LOJA DAS MEIAS does not knowingly collect any children’s personal data. It is very important that, as a parent or legal guardian, you do not allow your children to submit any personal information without your permission.
LOJA DAS MEIAS cannot be held liable for any personal data submitted by clients in forums.
10.1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookiesare small text files that are stored on your computer (hard drive) each time you visit ourwebsite, identifying your computer on our server, but not collecting your data or personal information as they do not identify the individual user.
10.2. WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
This technology is mainly used for the following purposes:
- To collect users' IP addresses - the information in thecookieidentifies the user and if he/she has subscribed to a service, promotion or event promoted by us it sends an order to the system to access information we have stored about the user, allowing to customize user preferences and facilitate use of its services.
- To carryout statistical studies to distinguish regular users, and thus enable to calculate user number and growth.
- Recognize if users viewed a particular part of the webpage to avoid its repeated appearance.
- In certain cases, we collect information available on our website throughtemporary or session cookies to determine, for example, how our webpage is used and thus improve its design and usefulness - thesecookiesdisappear when you close your Internet browser and are not stored on the user’s hard disk, being only stored in temporary memory files which go off after closing the browser. Temporary cookies are not associated with any kind of your identifiable personal data.
10.3. WHAT COOKIESDO WE USE?
LOJA DAS MEIAS uses the following cookies:
- PHPSESSID - thiscookie is essential to maintain a user sessionon a website, allowing data persistence throughout the user's browsing session; the website does not work correctly if thiscookieis not used.
- xms_user- thiscookieis used by back office users to enable website content management; the website works correctly if thiscookieis not used.
- __ utma,__ utmb, __utmc __, __utmz -cookies __utmz starting "_ _ utm" enable the software function analysis (analytics); this software allows to analyze information in an anonymous form, namely the type of visitors (by country of origin), how the website was browsed, return views, among others; this information helps us improve our websiteand its visitors’ browsing experience.
10.4.THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- Google Analytics– Google application that allows you to store data browsed by users on LOJAS DAS MEIAS website.
- Facebook– Allows you communicate in a personalized manner on facebook, according to user’s website browsing.
10.5. HOW CAN I CONTROL COOKIES?
You can set up your computer at any time to accept all cookies, notify you when a cookieis issued or to reject all cookies.However, cookie disablement may limit your website use or browsing.
To learn more about cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org which contains information on how to manage your settings for the various browser providers.
If you have trouble disabling cookies from your browser, refer to the respective help/support section:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
11. «lojadasmeias» SITE LINKS TO OTHER ENTITIES
The «lojadasmeias» website is owned by LOJA DAS MEIAS.
When browsing our website, you may occasionally receive suggestions to third party links according to LOJA DAS MEIAS criteria and we may also include or offer third party products or services on our platforms.
Please note that these other third party websites have their own separate and independent privacy policies (which you should read) and therefore LOJA DAS MEIAS declines any responsibility for their content and activities.
12. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Without prejudice to your rights, described in chapter «13» above, the personal information you provide us will be kept for a maximum of 10 (ten) years after your last purchase at LOJA DAS MEIAS-
Whenever this happens, we will inform our customers via our website and/or by notification sent to one of the contacts provided us.
Your continued use of the «lojadasmeias» website, our applications, services and resources after being notified of any such changes shall in all cases be construed as the customer’s agreement with such changes.
14. WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA SUBJECT?
You are the sole owner of your personal data. As such, you have the right to:
- Access your data;
- Obtain information on how your personal data is specifically processed;
- Ask for rectification of any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Ask for restriction of personal data processing;
- Request deletion of personal data that is no longer needed or if its processing is unlawful;
- Oppose the processing thereof for marketing purposes or for other reasons relating to your specific situation;
- Receive your personal data in machine readable format and send it to another controller («data portability»);
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time and that the withdrawal of your consent does not compromise the lawfulness of the processing performed on the basis of the previously given consent.
- Request that the decisions taken on the basis of automated processing concerning you or which affect you significantly and that are based on your personal data be taken by individuals and not just by computers, being able to express your own point of view and challenge the decision;
- Ask LOJA DAS MEIAS to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an adequate level of protection against unauthorized or unlawful data processing and against its loss, destruction or accidental damage;
- Be informed, without undue delay, when there is a breach of personal data likely to involve a high risk to your rights and freedom;
- File a complaint with the competent data protection authority, that is, the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados on www.cnpd.pt. or Rua de São Bento n° 148-3° 1200-821 Lisboa Tel: + 351 213928400 - Fax: + 351 213976832 - email: email@example.com .
15. HOW TO CONTACT LOJA DAS MEIAS?
For any matter concerning your personal data, we ask you to please contact us by:
Telephone: + 351 21 371 03 03
Fax: + 351 21 371 03 44
Address: Rua Castilho, nº 39, 7º fração AP, 1250-068 Lisboa
You may also file a complaint to the Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados, through the following contacts:
Rua de São Bento n.º 148 - 3º, 1200-821 Lisboa
Telephone: +351 213928400 - Fax: +351 213976832